Sportsbetting.ag Review 2020Same Operators as 5Dimes
A sister site to top-ranked operators at 5Dimes, SportsBetting has been online since 1997. Its stellar reputation makes the gaming platform one of the more experienced and trusted options in the industry today.
The bookmaker, which is licensed and regulated out of Costa Rica for more than 20 years, features a sportsbook, racebook, casino, live table games, and poker room. In other words, just like 5Dimes, it has it all for gaming enthusiasts.
Overall SportsBetting is one of the top sportsbooks available for US players.
Pros & Cons
- Major credit cards accepted
- Customer service available 24/7
- Payments made securely every time
- Old school design
SportsBetting Betting Review
Open Up an Account Today
My first impressions of the SportsBetting website were similar to my initial stop at 5Dimes. Everything is there in the list of gaming options, but the type is too small. The emphasis is placed on promotions and bonuses instead of the sportsbook and casino. I don’t like that.
Visitors have the option to click on the red “Login” button at the top left of the home page or the blue “Join Now” button about halfway down the screen. Registration is quick and simple, and so is depositing into your new account.
New members must be 18 years of age or older, and of legal age in your jurisdiction, to use this gaming platform. You must have funds in your account to place a wager.
SportsBetting currently prohibits players from certain countries from signing up, including France, United Kingdom, Netherlands Antilles, French Guiana, Hungary, Netherlands, French Polynesia, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Slovakia, French Southern Territories, and Ukraine.
Everyone else — including eligible players from the United States and Canada — can register and play.
Call 1-877-332-7501 for questions or help with new accounts. Don’t forget to consider the site’s welcome bonus for new members only if you decide to join.
SportsBetting Welcome Bonus
The sign-up bonus for new members at SportsBetting is the same as the one offered at 5Dimes.
Open up an account with SportBet today and 50 percent of your initial deposit up to $520 will be added to your bankroll in increments as a welcome bonus. There is a $100 minimum on your deposit for North American members to qualify for the bonus. There is a $100 maximum on your deposit for customers outside of North America to qualify for the bonus.
New players who deposit $100 to $400 will receive 50 percent in free play. The client who deposits up to $2,000 will receive the full $520 bonus (50 per cent of $400 plus 20 per cent of the remaining $1,600, which is $200 + $320 = $520). If a new member deposits $1,000 and claims the welcome bonus, $320 will be added to that account as the rollover conditions are met (50 percent of $400 plus 20 percent of the remaining $600, which is $200 + $120 = $320).
Here are the rollover requirements, which is common for bonuses and promotions from all online gaming providers: For every one-time rollover of your deposit amount, 10 percent of your bonus will become available automatically. By the time you have rolled over your deposit 10 times, the final 10 percent of your bonus will be awarded to your account.
Members cannot withdraw any money until these conditions have been met. If you do not want to comply with any rollover requirement, simply deposit without selecting a bonus option in the cashier.
Customer Service Options
If members run into a problem or have a question, they can reach out to SportBet customer support in English or Spanish using one of the following options:
- Telephone: 1-800-430-5896
- Email: [email protected]
- Live chat: For real money accounts only
Assistance is offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week and most reviews find the live chat option requires little waiting time for a connection.
“Contact Us” can be found at the top of the SportBet home page, or there is an “Information” section at the bottom of the page that is an excellent source to answer most of your questions and queries without having to contact the support team.
The list of categories in the Information area are:
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Private Policy
- Rules & Regulations
- Site Map
If you still can’t find the answer to your issue, the Live Chat option for members is the quickest form of support.
- Extensive List of Sports Odds<p>Click on "Sportsbook" at the top of the home page and go right to the odds for all the major sports, right? No, not on SportBet. First, you have to sift through all the blogs and sports articles.</p><p>The easiest option is to not even click on Sportsbook at all. <strong>Choose "Live Lines" at the top of the page</strong> or "Live Odds" at the bottom and there's your world of sports betting. I'm not sure why SportBet would make this so confusing. It's a major headache to deal with for first-time visitors.</p><p>When you finally arrive in the <strong>sports betting section</strong>, you will find betting lines on the following sports: football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, tennis, motor sports, fighting, other sports, eSports, and Olympics.</p><p>The <strong>site also offers betting articles</strong> on the right side of the page, with promotions and betting lines in the center panel. While most top-ranked sites make navigation quick and easy, the same cannot be said at SportBet.</p><p>The <strong>minimum bet in the sportsbook is as low as $1</strong> and as high as $5,000. The available bet types in this gaming area is extensive: straight bets such as the money line, point spread, run line, puck line, over/under totals, prop bets, parlays and round-robins, teasers and pleasers, halftime betting, futures, live betting, and special wagers, such as if-bets, rolling if-bets, reverse bets, multi-chance parlays, multi-chance teasers, progressive pleasers, Asian handicaps, and action points.</p><p>For anyone needing help with the sports betting section, call SportBet at 1-866-924-3772 and talk to a representative.</p><p>The Racebook offered the same challenges as the Sportsbook. I never did find the live odds on any of the day's races. Just pages and pages of horse racing articles and two separate racebook promotions.</p><p>Maybe they could provide a live racing tab to make things easier. If not, I wouldn't bother playing here. It's just too difficult to figure out. I knew it was post time for a race at Santa Anita, but I couldn't find it at SportBet.</p>
- Betting Every Minute of the Game
Do you want to bet in real time? SportBet offers "In-Game Betting" in the sportsbook where members can wager on up-to-the-minute betting lines for live events in football, basketball, baseball, tennis, UFC, and more.
Also called in-play or in-running wagering, your welcome bonus cannot be used for live betting where the odds change with every goal, injury, timeout and simply a stoppage in play where momentum of the game has shifted. The betting limit for in-play wagering is $500.
Members first have to choose from one of two live betting sportsbooks — Live In-Play Wagering or Live Betting Extra. The two sportsbooks have different features, promotions, and live sporting events to bet on.
For example, the NFL is not available on Live Betting Extra, but U.S. and Canadian players are eligible for a 2.941-per-cent rebate on all their winning and losing wagers on soccer, baseball, hockey, basketball, and tennis.
It's recommended to read the "How to Play" guides for both live betting rooms before the action begins.
- Shuffle Up and Deal
The Grand Poker room at SportBet is linked to a network of gaming providers that includes 5Dimes. They offer games in Texas Hold'em, Omaha, and Omaha Hi-Lo. The blinds on all three games are kept fairly low, which might be a reason for the low turnout on SportBet's events.
The poker app must be downloaded to play, while the sites says it's compatible with Windows and Apple products.
Tournament stakes range from $3 to $100 in Texas Hold'em only. Single-table games are offered in six- and nine-player formats, while multi-table games are played in either 18- or 27-player formats.
- Welcome to the Casino
The SportBet casino, which is a download only option, is split into five different rooms with a variety of games in each.
- Grand Casino: This gaming area offers more than 200 games including the familiar titles like blackjack, baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, roulette, craps, and Let it Ride to some not-so-familiar names like Match Play 21, Super 21, and Pontoon. There are also 90 slot titles and 14 video poker games.
- Jackpot Casino: Check out the 3D cinematic games in this room. Other games to wager on include standard slots, table games, and video poker.
- Gold Casino: Play on your Mac or PC devices, including tablets and phones. Games available include blackjack, video poker, baccarat, and "more slot machines than any Las Vegas casino could fit," according to the website.
- Bonus Casino: This is a casino that claims to have “better odds than most online casinos” and is back by fair gaming audits. The list of games include slots, video poker, blackjack, baccarat, craps, roulette, and many variations of each of your casino favorites.
- MatchPlay Casino – Single-deck blackjack and a number of progressive slot machines are some of the highlights of this room.
- Hundreds of Slot Names
SportBet works with several different software developers, so you can count on finding your favorite names here. The gaming platform has dozens of titles in all five casino rooms, with bonuses, free spins, and jackpots in each one.
Each casino also has at least one ongoing promotion, so be sure to check them out before you begin play. Here is a sample of some of the bonuses:
- Grand Casino: You can earn incredible coupons just for playing blackjack.
- Bingo Room: Every month, SportBet has several promotions with thousands of dollars in prizes.
- MatchPlay Casino: You will be rewarded even if your Five Card Charlie hand loses or pushes.
- Live Casino Action
Head into the Vegas Live Casino and play, chat and interact with SportBet's friendly dealers. Games include blackjack, roulette, and baccarat.
The live casino is available every hour of the day throughout the year, complete with dealers, pit bosses and inspectors. The only thing missing from the Las Vegas casinos is the cigarette smoke and complimentary drinks.
There is also a Super 7-7-7 Progressive Jackpot growing at an American Blackjack table. Be sure to check it out.
- Betting on eSports
The market is booming in eSports today as some major championships draw as many as 20 million viewers.
SportBet offers its members a ticket to all the action in CounterStrike, Dota 2, League of Legends, and Starcraft 2.
Members can bet on these competitive video games on the money line, point spread, over-under totals, futures, and prop wagering.
For example, you could place a bet on which team will win a certain championship, which teams will be in the finals, or simply who will win an individual round of the tournament. The wagering is almost as hot as the competition.
SportsBetting offers several promotions and bonuses across all of its gaming areas, including a cashback offer on your overall losses in the sportsbook, casino, lotto, or racebook.
Here are a few other promotions:
- Casino Rebate: Earn a rebate worth up to 21 percent on your overall losses in all five SportBet casinos.
- Reduced Juice: Receive reduced juice for major sports like NFL, NCAA, NBA, WNBA, and MLB.
- Point Mover Special: Get the line you want at a better price with the point mover bonus program.
- Free Payout: Receive one free payout on any day of the week every 30 days.
- Refer-a-Friend: Refer a friend and receive a bonus valued at 20 percent of your friend’s first deposit, up to $200.
Bitcoin at Sportbet
Reduced Transaction Fees
Sportsbetting.ag offers great cryptocurrency bonuses. Not only do they offer 100% on your first deposit if you are using Bitcoins, but you also get 35% on every qualifying deposit thereafter.
Even without increased bonuses, you can save money using BItcoin at Sportbet. They do not charge any transaction fee on deposits over $25.
Even below that minimum, the transaction fee is significantly lower than it would be with a credit card or bank transfers.
When you play with Bitcoins at Sportbet, you can keep your lucky streak going more smoothly with their speedy deposits. After submitting the deposit via your crypto-wallet, it should be ready for you to get betting within 40 minutes.
This is generally the time it takes the Bitcoin blockchain to process the payment. Other deposit methods can take several days.
SportsBetting Payment Methods
There are several channels to get your money into and out of SportBet, whether it’s a bank transfer, credit card, online wallet, or cryptocurrency. The minimum and maximum amounts accepted depend on the payment method.
The company restricts players and new members from many countries around the world, including the U.K. and France, but it accepts players from all U.S. states.
As always, if guests or members have a question, it’s best to contact customer service through live chat or telephone at 1-800-430-5896.
SportsBetting Deposit Options
The easiest and quickest choice to fund your account with SportsBetting is through a credit card or cryptocurrency.
Deposit methods include Bitcoin, credit card, Person-to-Person, money order, and sportsbook transfer. Here are some of the details of those transactions:
- Bitcoin: Processed 24/7, $25 minimum, $10,000 maximum, no fees
- Credit card: Processed 24/7, $50 minimum, $500 maximum, no fees
- Person-to-Person: Processed Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., limit amounts and fees may vary without prior notification
- Money orders: Processed immediately upon receipt, $100 minimum, $1,000 maximum, click Live Chat for fees
- Sportsbook Transfer: Processed 24/7, minimum $50, no fees
SportsBetting Withdrawal Options
While most methods of deposit have no fees, the same is certainly not true for withdrawals from SportBet. Also, some funding methods are not available to residents of all countries. It’s best to contact customer service before any transactions.
Here are the details for your payout methods for U.S. players:
- Person-to-Person: Processed Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET, limit amounts may vary, call for fee details
- Cashier check: Processed Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., $1,000 minimum, $7,500 maximum, $40 to $80 fee
- Money orders: Processed Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., $100 minimum, $1,000 maximum, $80 fee
- Bitcoin: Processed seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., $25 minimum, $10,000 maximum, no fees
- Bank wire: Processed Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., $1,000 minimum, $9,500 maximum, $80 fee