Linq Sportsbook 101
The Linq Las Vegas sportsbook may not be one of the best sportsbooks versus the mega-resorts on the Strip, but it is certainly the most improved.
The entire Linq sports betting area, which is located at 3535 South Las Vegas Boulevard, was reduced in size and relocated to another part of the main casino floor near the doors of the promenade in a $223-million renovation in 2014. The planners in the rebranding did a fantastic job with this new, unique betting area.
It is vastly different from all the dozens of other sportsbooks in the area. While other major venues like the Wynn and Mandalay Bay offer stadium seating in a huge room, the Linq has one main area with three large pillars. There are a 98-inch LED flat-screen on each of the four sides of the pillar, with each including “living room” seating on plush couches and chairs.
Three pillars with four separate areas equal to 12 rentable “Fan Caves” for up to six guests. The big screen can be split into four viewing areas with multiple sporting events on each space. Those screens can also be used for game consoles, virtual reality, and Xbox play. Each station comes with an iPad to place bets, order food and drinks, or control your audio and video displays.
Players must be 21 years of age or older to wager anywhere in Nevada, including on Linq entertainment esports and all the Linq Las Vegas sportsbook odds.
The new setup offers four options to place a bet with the first being the iPad at your location. The Linq sportsbook also has a small kiosk of betting windows and an interactive display where gamblers insert cash and punch out their own tickets.
The fourth option is to download the Mobile Sports at Caesars Entertainment app and use the Linq sportsbook online. Here, Linq sportsbook odds can be viewed on your Android or iOS device, including all the popular wagers for “live betting,” where the odds change from the pre-game betting lines throughout the event.
Linq online sports betting is only available in the state of Nevada. You won’t be able to make a bet on the app if you head home and live in another state.
Complimentary drink vouchers are a little easier to obtain at the Linq compared to other Strip sportsbooks like the MGM Grand and the Cosmopolitan. Bet at least $100 on sports or $20 on the horses to get that free drink here.
It’s Game Time at the Linq
Most of the “living rooms” are open to guests to sit and watch the games during the week. Groups will rent and reserve these stations on NFL Sundays and for major championships — like March Madness and the Super Bowl. You can still watch the games on the big screens if you’re willing to stand behind these seating areas.
Here are some of the sports bettors to bet on at the Linq Las Vegas sportsbook:
- Pro and college football, including playoffs and Super Bowl
- Pro and college basketball, including playoffs and NBA Final
- Major League Baseball, including playoffs and World Series
- Mixed Martial Arts and UFC events
- Major soccer leagues from around the world
- Boxing, but mostly just major fights
- Hockey, including the playoffs and Stanley Cup
- Auto racing, with weekly race odds and Sprint Cup Championship futures
- Golf, with weekly odds and futures on all four majors
- Tennis, with odds on all four Grand Slam events
Here are some of the bets available at the land-based Linq sportsbook:
- Money line
- Point spread
- Over/under totals
- Halftime lines
- Future betting
- Proposition bets, especially for the Super Bowl
There are even more betting options listed on the Linq sportsbook online through the Caesars app, especially prop bets and “in-play wagering.”
- Location on the Strip
- Linq Parking
- Public Transportation Options
- Food & Drinks at the Linq
- Linq Rewards
Small Casino at the Linq
The small casino floor at the Linq gets a lot of action from pedestrian traffic off of the Strip and promenade. At 33,000 square feet, visitors can often find themselves in tight quarters moving around the 830 slot and video poker machines and 55 table games.
Gamblers will enjoy the $5 table minimums and the fact that complimentary drinks are quite easy to come by from friendly servers. Some of the table games available to play include:
- Blackjack, tables play 6-5 odds on a 21, with $5 minimum bet.
- Roulette, with all wheels containing the standard two sets of zeroes.
- Craps, start at $10 minimum with standard rules.
Other table games spotted on the casino floor include Fortune Pai Gow Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, High Card Flush, Three Card Poker, Crazy 4 Poker, Mississippi Stud, Let it Ride, and Casino War.
The high limit slots area is marked off but does not have its own separate room. It’s just as noisy as the rest of the gaming area with added help from the open doors and busy promenade.
Basic, Modern Hotel
Most of the 2,640 basic rooms at the Linq were renovated as part of the hotel’s rebranding, giving each room a modern appeal. Noise complaints are common in this five-tower party resort with value-friendly pricing where rooms start as low as $33 a night, plus resort fee.
- • Basic “deluxe” rooms, at 300 square feet, offer one king or two queen beds.
- • Basic “luxury” rooms, at 400 square feet, offer one king or two queen beds and a little more space.
- • Smoking, non-smoking and strip view rooms are available upon request.
- • Other units include a king suite with separate bedrooms, a penthouse suite with a bar and kitchenette, and some basic rooms with bunk beds for those looking for a cheap stay.
- • Amenities include mini-fridges, 47-inch flat-screen TVs, and USB charging stations.