Major League Soccer is the pinnacle of soccer in North America and is sanctioned by the United States Soccer Federation. The league comprises 26 teams, with 23 US teams and 3 Canadian, with the intention of expanding to 30 teams by 2023. The MLS Finals odds are extremely popular as the sport of football continues to take a grip on the continent.
The MLS cup will be played on November 7, 2020, with the playoffs planned to begin in October. This means around the end of September the odds for the MLS cup final will begin to adjust and sportsbook providers will focus on it.
Odds to Win MLS Cup 2020
The MLS odds to win the cup 2020 are now available. The odds to win the MLS cup 2020 are subject to change, so ensure to keep checking back with this page to get the most up to date markets. This page was last updated on September 10, 2020:
|2020 MLS Cup winners odds|
New York Red Bulls
The league was first founded back in 1993 and has come on leaps and bounds since the back then. An increasing number of European superstars playing out their latter years in the MLS has really boosted the league and acquired a lot of new fans.
The MLS cup odds heat up around the end of summer, as the MLS cup is typically played out between September and October. However, the league odds for the MLS regular season draw in a global audience of bettors.
For those looking to get involved straight away in the odds for the MLS cup final, we’d strongly advise taking a look at BetUs. They have been in the industry for years and pay special attention to MLS betting odds.
MLS Cup Restart: New Format
The MLS execs have decided to continue its regular season with a revised schedule, as you’d expect. The Audi MLS Cup Playoffs will be played out and concluded with the MLS Cup. The slight changes to the format are listed below.
- The 25 teams will be split into six groups (normally 26, but FC Dallas has 10 players with COVID-19).
- The Eastern Conference will have three groups, one with six teams and 2 four-team groups. While the Western Conference will also have three groups, one with three teams and two with four.
- Each team will play three group stage matches over the course of 16 days.
- The top three teams from Group A and the top two teams from the other groups (B, C, D, E, F) will advance. The next three highest-ranked teams in the group stage based on points total will advance to the Round of 16.
- If two or more clubs are tied on points during the group stages, the situation will revert to MLS regular season tie-breaking procedures.
The schedule of the tournament will be similar to that of the football World Cup, with matches happening in the morning (9 am) and in the evening (8 pm & 10 pm). This is great for bettors and makes for easy viewing.
How to Bet on the MLS Cup Odds
It’s important to understand how things work in Major League Soccer before wagering on MLS cup odds. Firstly, let’s look at what’s at stake for the winners of the MLS finals.
Taking a look at the regular-season points, each of the 39 group-stage games will count for points towards the 2020 regular-season standings. These standings will dictate who will make it through to the postseason and possibly on to the MLS cup final.
As well as that, there is a place up for grabs in the CONCACAF Champions League spot, with the MLS winner earning a spot in the 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League.
Then finally, something that will concern the club’s owners more than anything else, the prize money. For those lucky enough to lift the MLS trophy, not only will they gain bragging rights as the best team in North America but they’ll also earn a prize pool of $1.1 million.
There is a range of top-tier online sportsbooks that offer MLS cup odds and it’s important for bettors to not only choose one that offers odds but competitive odds.
While bettors often take one look at a sportsbook and begin depositing, it’s important to check out the various offerings, promotions, deposit bonuses and more. Many sportsbooks will provide specific bonuses and promotions for the MLS, especially when the league is betting or finishing.
In the next section we’ll cover the various types of MLS cup odds bettors will find. However, if readers feel they are already well-informed about betting types, we’d advise taking a look at what’s on offer at BetNow. They are one of the big players in the US and cover all the regular season and postseason games.
Types of MLS Cup Vegas Odds
While the vast majority of bettors focus on moneyline betting, the odds for the MLS cup final offer a much broader range of betting options. From over/under betting to entertaining proposition (prop) bets, we will detail everything bettors may find. We’ll break them down individually below.
- Over/Under – Similar to what bettors have seen in other major sports, the over/under simply means placing a bet on the total number of goals scored in a match.
- Against the Spread (ATS) – Against the spread isn’t overly popular in soccer. Nonetheless, it is still used. We’ll use an example to explain; if LAFC is playing Dallas, with LAFC at -1.5 and Dallas at +1.5. A bet on Los Angeles would mean they’d have to win by two or more for the bet to the payout, while Dallas could lose by one for the bet to cash out.
- Parlays – Parlay bets, often called accumulators, are bets with multiple outcomes on one betting slip. Parlays are great as the potential buyout can be very high, although it’s worth noting that the risk goes up dramatically.
- Totals – Much like the over/under, except you can bet on the total goals scored by a team or individual player.
- Live betting – Live betting or in-play betting has taken the industry by storm, influencing all betting markets from esports to F1. It’s great in soccer as it allows bettors to wager on particular aspects of the game as they unfold, such as headers, corners, the minute goals are scored, and much more.
- Futures – Simply put, futures bets involve betting on the outcome of specific aspects of the MLS in advance. Examples of this would be the MLS MVP, top goalscorer, outright league winners, and many more.
- Props – Props are just a fun way to enjoy betting in a new way. While a lot of prop bets crop up around major events, there are always offerings throughout the regular season. Examples of prop bets could be “will LA Galaxy reach the playoffs?” “will David Beckham make an appearance at the MLS finals?” Or bets focusing on red cards, penalty kicks, fouls & any statistic that can have a fun proposition bet built around it.
At this point, our readers are equipped with everything they need to begin betting. If there is something bettors are still unsure if we’d advise taking a look back over the guide to clear things up. For those that are ready to begin betting, we’d strongly recommend taking a look at our list of soccer betting sites that are offering the most competitive odds around.