A Perfect 13-0 on Week 8!
It was a week to remember for vegasbetting.com followers and chalk players. Twelve of 13 favorites won in Week 8, including six teams that were picked to win by a touchdown or more.
The only “long shot” was Carolina, and they were the underdog by less than a field goal to Tampa Bay. VGB had that winner as well, and ended the week a perfect 13-0 on straight-up picks.
We’re now in the second half of the season and heading towards the finish line with Super Bowl LII on Feb. 4, 2018 in Minneapolis.
Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota, New England and Pittsburgh are off this week with a bye. VGB’s picks in the following chart are highlighted in Blue.
NFL Picks Straight Up This Week
|BUF at NYJ||BUF||BUF||-160|
|IND at HOU||HOU||HOU||-750|
|CIN at JAC||JAC||JAC||-220|
|TB at NO||NO||NO||-320|
|LAR at NYG||LAR||LAR||-175|
|ATL at CAR||CAR||CAR||-120|
|DEN at PHI||PHI||PHI||-400|
|BAL at TEN||n/a||TEN||n/a|
|ARI at SF||ARI||SF||+115|
|WAS at SEA||SEA||SEA||-350|
|KC at DAL||n/a||DAL||n/a|
|OAK at MIA||OAK||OAK||-160|
|DET at GB||DET||DET||-140|
Eagles Have Already Matched Last Season’s Win Total
The Philadelphia Eagles, 7-9 and last in the NFC East in 2016, have already matched their win total (7-1) in just eight weeks of play. Their schedule for the second half of the season is much tougher since they have to play Dallas twice, Seattle and the surging Los Angeles Rams, who have a combined record of 14-7.
However, right now, they are the team to beat in the NFC.
It’s been shown time and again not to bet against the New England Patriots (6-2). Belichick and Brady have made a career out of proving doubters wrong. The Patriots defense is improving and the Super Bowl champs will be there when it counts in January.
But the best all-around team in the AFC right now is the Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2). Their offense sputtered for four quarters last Sunday night against Detroit. They were outgained 482-392 in total yards, and yet the Steelers never let the Lions into the end zone, forcing the home team to five field goals and numerous fourth-down stops. It seems the “Steel Curtain” of the 1970s is back with a vengeance.
VGB’s Top 10 NFL Teams
(Current odds to win Super Bowl LII listed after team record, with last week’s ranking in brackets. Odds provided by bovada.lv.)
- Philadelphia Eagles (7-1) +600 — Dominant victory over winless 49ers.
- Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) +700 — They’re going places with this defense.
- New England Patriots (6-2) +350 — AFC East leaders head into bye week.
- Seattle Seahawks (5-2) +1000 — Win shootout where 79 points scored.
- Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) +750 — Not playing well after 5-0 start.
- Buffalo Bills (5-2) +4000 — Superb defense, especially at home.
- Los Angeles Rams (5-2) +2000 — Put perfect road record on the line.
- Minnesota Vikings (6-2) +1400 — Avoid disaster against winless Browns.
- New Orleans Saints (5-2) +2000 — Fifth straight win, lead NFC South.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (4-3) +4000 — At home to Bengals after bye week.