As Always, QB Most Important Position In NFL.
Eleven of 32 NFL teams are having major problems at the most important position in the game — quarterback.
Miami, Denver, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Arizona, San Francisco, Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago and now, Tampa Bay. All of these teams are using a backup QB because of injury or the fact the starter is just plain horrible.
Only one of these teams — Minnesota and quarterback Case Keenum — has a winning record. All the others struggle to score points every week. Let’s see how well we do picking against all of them this week.
Baltimore, Kansas City, Oakland and Philadelphia are off this week with a bye.
VGB’s Week 9 pickem record: 9-4
Week 10 picks in the following chart are in bold.
NFL Picks Straight Up
|SEA at ARI||SEA||SEA||-250|
|MIN at WAS||MIN||WAS||EVEN|
|GB at CHI||CHI||CHI||-230|
|PIT at IND||PIT||PIT||-550|
|LAC at JAC||JAC||JAC||-210|
|NYJ at TB||NYJ||NYJ||-135|
|CIN at TEN||TEN||TEN||-225|
|NO at BUF||NO||NO||-140|
|CLE at DET||N/A||DET||N/A|
|HOU at LAR||LAR||LAR||-700|
|DAL at ATL||ATL||DAL||+125|
|NYG at SF||NYG||NYG||-120|
|NE at DEN||NE||NE||-320|
|MIA at CAR||CAR||CAR||-450|
Eagles, Rams Lead League In Point Differential
It’s been 13 years since the Philadelphia Eagles were 8-1 in the regular season. They lost the Super Bowl that year. Will the story this year have a happy ending?
It could. Carson Wentz and the Eagles have outscored their opponents in nine games this season by 104 points, second only to the Los Angeles Rams (6-2) at 108.
After three straight 7-9 seasons, the New Orleans Saints (6-2) are making a huge run in the NFC South. Drew Brees, at 38 and in his 17th season, has never had a better pass completion rate. He’s thrown for 13 touchdowns and just four interceptions.
In the AFC, the Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) and New England Patriots (6-2) continue to be the favorites to battle for the conference crown.
Both teams, coming off their bye week, are on the road in Week 10.
The Jacksonville Jaguars (5-3) rank among the best in the league on defense, but many question marks remain with Blake Bortles and the offense. The Kansas City Chiefs (6-3) started the season 5-0, but they have lost three of their last four.
Vegas Betting Top 10 NFL Teams
(Current odds to win Super Bowl LII listed after team record. Odds provided by bovada.lv.)
- Philadelphia (8-1) +500 — First time NFC East leaders have been 8-1 since 2004.
- Pittsburgh (6-2) +700 — Steelers have won three straight, meet Colts after bye.
- New England (6-2) +400 — Pats have won four straight, meet Broncos after bye.
- New Orleans (6-2) +1400 — First time NFC South leaders have been 6-2 since 2013.
- Los Angeles Rams (6-2) +1400 — Rams have scored more points than all of 2016.
- Minnesota (6-2) +1600 — Vikings have won fourth straight, meet Redskins after bye.
- Dallas (5-3) +1600 — Cowboys have won three straight, take 3-1 road record to ATL.
- Carolina (6-3) +2200 — QB has thrown more picks than TDs, but CAR keep winning.
- Jacksonville (5-3) +2500 — AFC South leaders better not take Chargers for granted.
- Kansas City (6-3) +1000 — Chiefs have no pass rush, take far too many penalties.